Shell Turbo Oil T 46
High Quality Industrial Steam & Gas Turbine Oils
Shell Turbo Oils T have long been regarded as the industry standard turbine oil. Building on this reputation, Shell Turbo Oils T have been developed to offer improved performance capable of meeting the demands of the most modern steam turbine systems and light duty gas turbines, which require no enhanced anti-wear performance for the gearbox. Shell Turbo Oils T are formulated from high quality hydrotreated base oils and a combination of zinc-free additives that provide excellent oxidative stability, protection against rust & corrosion, low foaming and excellent demulsibility.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Strong Control of Oxidation
- The use of inherently oxidatively stable base oils together with an effective inhibitor package provides high resistance to oxidative degradation. The result is extended oil life, minimising the formation of aggressive corrosive acids, deposits and sludge, reducing your operating costs.
High Resistance to Foaming and Rapid Air Release
- The oils are formulated with an anti-foam additive, which generally controls foam formation. This feature coupled with fast air-release from the lubricant reduces the possibility of problems such as pump cavitation, excessive wear and premature oil oxidation, giving you increased system reliability.
Positive Water-Shedding Properties
- Robust demulsibility control such that excess water, common-place in steam turbines, can be drained easily from the lubrication system, minimising corrosion and premature wear, lowering the risk of unplanned maintenance.
Excellent Rust & Corrosion Protection
- Prevents the formation of rust and guards against onset of corrosion ensuring protection for equipment following exposure to humidity or water during operation and during shut-downs, minimising maintenance.
Shell Turbo Oils T are available in ISO grades 46, 68 & 100 and are suited for application in the following areas:
- Industrial steam turbines & light duty gas turbines requiring no enhanced anti-wear performance for the gearbox.
- Hydroelectric turbine lubrication.
- Numerous applications where strong control over rust and oxidation is required.
- Centrifugal and axial, dynamic turbo-compressors and pumps where an R&O type or turbine oil is recommended.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.