SHELL TURBO OIL GT
HIGH PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIAL GAS TURBINE LUBRICANT
Shell Turbo Oil GT has been developed for the most severe operating conditions imposed by modern, heavy-duty industrial gas turbines.
OUTSTANDING OXIDATION STABILITY
- The lubricant’s service life depends, to a great extent, on its oxidative stability. Excellent results in both the ‘hot oxidation test’ (FTM5308) and the ‘TOST’ life test (ASTM-D943) clearly demonstrates Shell Turbo Oil GT potential for extended service life compared to conventional mineral oil technology.
EXCELLENT THERMAL STABILITY
- Higher bearing temperatures which are particularly severe during stop/start cycling conditions, may lead to bearing deposits and the formation of harmful sludge in the system which subsequently may result in expensive ‘downtime’ and reduce service life of system components. Shell Turbo Oil GT is formulated to give greater protection against thermal degradation and hence may significantly contribute to lower operating and maintenance costs.
EXCELLENT AIR RELEASE CHARACTERISTICS
- Effective air release with a minimum of foaming tendency as required by modern gas turbines.
POWER AND INDUSTRIAL HEAVY-DUTY GAS TURBINES
- Shell Turbo Oil GT is used as lubricating oil for main shaft bearings and mechanical gears as well as governor oil in the turbine control valves in modern gas turbines.
FURTHER INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- Shell Turbo Oil GT may also be used for other industrial applications requiring a high performance gas turbine oil, like lubrication of turbo compressors.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS EXCEEDS SPECIFICATIONS OF:
- DIN: 51515-1, 51515-2
- SIEMENS: TLV 9013 04
- GEK: 32568F, GEK 107395a, GEK 28143B – Type I (ISO 32),
- GEK 28143B – Type II (ISO 46)
- ALSTOM: HTGD 90-117, ASTM 4304-06A Type III
- ALSTOM/ABB: HTGD 90-117T
- SOLAR: ES 9-224 W Class II.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.