Shell Tellus S3 V 46
Shell Tellus S3 V 46 Is a Premium Zinc-Free Industrial Hydraulic Fluid for very wide temperature range.
Shell Tellus S3 V hydraulic fluids are high performance lubricants that use exclusive ashless technology, coupled with highly shear stable viscosity modifiers. They give excellent viscosity control and protection under severe mechanical, thermal and chemical stresses across a wide range of temperatures. They provide outstanding protection and performance in most mobile equipment and other applications subjected to a wide range of ambient or operating temperatures.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Long fluid life – maintenance saving
Shell Tellus S3 V fluids offer an improved capability to extend fluid maintenance intervals and hence reduce equipment downtime through:
- – An extended ASTM D943 TOST lifetime, with an oxidative stability that is designed for a minimum 5000 hours TOST life;
- Excellent resistance to breakdown in the presence of water and heat
- – Class leading shear stability to maintain viscosity control.
These features provide extended maintenance capability without compromising protection or performance, even under severe or extended temperature range applications.
Outstanding wear protection
- Advanced ashless (zinc-free) anti-wear additives provide protection over a wide range of conditions, including low and severe duty, and high-load operations.
- The very high viscosity index (VI) of Shell Tellus S3 V fluids, in combination with outstanding shear stability, help to ensure that critical oil film thicknesses are maintained in the highly stressed components of the hydraulic system. Protection is maintained even under high temperature and high load conditions.
Maintaining system efficiency
- Superior cleanliness and outstanding filterability, excellent water separation, air release and anti-foam characteristics, all help to maintain or enhance hydraulic system efficiency. The excellent filterability is maintained even when the fluid is contaminated with water, with negligible production of the silts or gels that can block fine system filters.
- Shell Tellus S3 V is ‘not harmful’ to freshwater and marine invertebrates (OECD 202, US EPA OPPTS 850.1035). For further reductions in environmental impact we offer the Shell Naturelle range of environmentally considerate lubricants.
- For the most severe operating conditions, longest fluid life and enhanced efficiency, Shell Tellus S4 ME offers our highest level of performance and system efficiency.
- Shell Tellus S3 V fluids meet at the Shell plant filling lines the requirements of max ISO 4406 21/19/16 class. As recognized by DIN 51524 specification, the oil is exposed to various influences with transport and storage that could effect the cleanliness level.
These features contribute to extended filter life and allow the use
of finer filtration for added equipment protection.
Mobile/exterior hydraulic applications
- Hydraulic and fluid power transmission systems in exposed environments which are subjected to wide variations in temperature. The very high viscosity index of Shell Tellus S3 V helps deliver responsive performance from cold start conditions to full load, severe duty operation.
Precision hydraulic systems
- Precision hydraulic systems require good control of fluid viscosity over the operating cycle and excellent fluid filterability, even when contaminated. Shell Tellus S3 V provides these features and an additional level of temperature-viscosity stability compared to many ISO HV fluids.
- Shell Tellus S3 V has a reduced environmental impact in the event of a leak or accidental spillage compared to conventional zinc-based hydraulic fluids. This is achieved through the use of ashless anti-wear technology and low sulphur base oils.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.