SHELL TELLUS S3 M
PREMIUM ZINC-FREE INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULIC FLUID
RECOMMENDED REPLACEMENT FOR SHELL TELLUS S
Shell Tellus S3 M hydraulic fluids are high performance lubricants that use exclusive zinc-free technology to provide outstanding protection and performance in most manufacturing and many mobile equipment operations. they resist breakdown under heat or mechanical stress, helping to prevent damaging deposits that can decrease the efficiency of your hydraulic system.
LONG FLUID LIFE – MAINTENANCE SAVING
Shell Tellus S3 M fluids offer an improved capability to extend fluid maintenance intervals and helps reduce equipment downtime through:
- An extended ASTM D 943 TOST lifetime, with an oxidative stability that is up to three times longer than the industry minimum.
- Excellent resistance to breakdown in the presence of water and heat.
These features provide extended maintenance capability without compromising protection or performance, even under severe or extended temperature range applications.
OUTSTANDING WEAR PROTECTION
- Advanced zinc-free anti-wear additives provide protection over a wide range of conditions, including low and severe duty, and high load operation. This protection has been demonstrated in tough industry standard hydraulic pump tests such as the Denison T6C (dry and wet versions), Denison P46 and Eaton Vickers 35VQ25 tests.
MAINTAINING SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Superior cleanliness and filterability; coupled with excellent water separation, air release and anti-foam characteristics, all help to maintain or enhance hydraulic system efficiency.
- The filterability of Shell Tellus S3 M is maintained even when the fluid is contaminated with water.
- Shell Tellus S3 M fluids have an ISO 4406 cleanliness of 21/19/16 or better ex Shell filling lines. As recognised by DIN 51524 specification, the oil is exposed to various influences with transport and storage that could effect the cleanliness level.
MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are suitable for a wide range of hydraulic power applications found in manufacturing and industrial environments.
SEVERE DUTY HYDRAULIC SERVICE
- The long-life characteristics of Shell Tellus S3 M fluids can make them particularly suitable for severe duty (e.g. load, temperature) applications or where extended life is required (e.g. remote or inaccessible locations). MARINE AND MOBILE HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
- n Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are suitable for marine and mobile applications where ISO HM type hydraulic fluids are recommended.
- Shell Tellus S3 M has a reduced environmental impact in the event of a leak or accidental spillage compared to conventional zincbased hydraulic fluids. This is achieved through the use of zinc-free anti-wear technology and low sulphur base oils.
For further reductions in environmental impact, we offer the Shell Naturelle range of environmentally considerate lubricants. For applications that experience wide temperature variations we
recommend the Shell Tellus ‘S2’ series of hydraulic fluids.
- Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are suitable for use with most hydraulic pumps.
- Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are compatible with most other mineral oil based hydraulic fluids. However, mineral oil hydraulic fluids should not be mixed with other fluid types (e.g. environmentally acceptable or fire-resistant fluids).
SEAL AND PAINT COMPATIBILITY
- Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are compatible with seal materials and paints normally specified for use with mineral oils.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS HAS THE APPROVAL OF:
- Denison Hydraulics: (HF-0, HF-1, HF-2)
- Eaton Vickers (Brochure 694)
- MAG (Cincinnati Machine) P-68 (ISO 32), P-70 (ISO 46), P-69 (ISO 68)
MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF:
- ISO 11158 (HM fluids)
- DIN 51524-2 (HLP oils)
- ASTM 6158 (HM mineral oils)
- SS 15 54 34.
For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.