Shell Tellus S2 V 46
Industrial Hydraulic Fluid for wide temperature range
Shell Tellus S2 V fluids are high performance hydraulic fluids that use Shell’s unique patented technology with excellent viscosity control under both severe mechanical stress and across a wide range of temperatures. They provide outstanding protection and performance in most mobile equipment and other applications subjected to wider ranges of ambient or operating temperatures.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Long fluid life – Maintenance saving
Shell Tellus S2 V fluids help extend equipment maintenance intervals by resisting thermal and chemical breakdown. This minimizes sludge formation and provides excellent performance in the industry standard ASTM D943 TOST test (Turbine Oil Stability Test), providing better reliability and system cleanliness. Shell Tellus S2 V fluids also have good stability in the presence of moisture, which ensures long fluid life and reduces the risk of corrosion and rusting, particularly in moist or humid environments. Highly shear stable viscosity modifiers help minimize variations in the fluid properties throughout the fluid drain interval.
Outstanding wear protection
- Proven zinc-based anti-wear additives are incorporated to be effective throughout the range of operating conditions, including low load and severe duty high load conditions.
- Outstanding performance in a range of piston and vane pump tests, including the tough Denison T6C (dry and wet versions) and the demanding Vickers 35VQ25, demonstrates how Shell Tellus S2 V fluids can help system components last longer.
Maintaining system efficiency
- The extended temperature range capability of Shell Tellus S2 V allows efficient operation of mobile equipment from cold start to normal operating conditions.
- Superior cleanliness, excellent filterability and high performance water separation, air release and anti-foam characteristics all help contribute to maintaining or enhancing the efficiency of hydraulic systems.
- The unique additive system in Shell Tellus S2 V, in combination with superior cleanliness (meeting the requirements of max ISO 4406 21/19/16 class, ex Shell filling lines. As recognized by DIN 51524 specification, the oil is exposed to various influences with transport and storage that could effect the cleanliness level) helps reduce the impact of contaminants on filter blocking, allowing both extended filter life and use of finer filtration for extra equipment protection.
- Shell Tellus S2 V fluids are formulated for fast air release without excessive foaming to help efficient hydraulic power transfer and minimise fluid and equipment impacts of cavitation-induced oxidation that can shorten fluid life.
Mobile/exterior hydraulic applications
Hydraulic and fluid power transmission systems in exposed environments can be subject to wide variations in temperature. The high viscosity index of Shell Tellus S2 V helps deliver responsive performance from cold start conditions to full load, severe duty operation.
Precision hydraulic systems
- Precision hydraulic systems require excellent control of fluid viscosity over the operating cycle. Shell Tellus S2 V provides greater temperature-viscosity stability compared to ISO HM fluids that can help improve the performance of such systems.
- For more severe operating conditions, longer fluid life and enhanced efficiency, the Shell Tellus “S3” and “S4” ranges offer additional performance benefits.
- For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk.
Compatibility & Miscibility
- Shell Tellus S2 V fluids are suitable for use with most hydraulic pumps. However, please consult your Shell Representative before using in pumps containing silver plated components.
- Shell Tellus S2 V fluids are compatible with most other mineral oil based hydraulic fluids. However, mineral oil hydraulic fluids should not be mixed with other fluid types (e.g. environmentally acceptable or fire resistant fluids).
Seal & Paint Compatibility
- Shell Tellus S2 V fluids are compatible with seal materials and paints normally specified for use with mineral oils.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.