Shell Omala S2 G 220
SHELL Omala S2 G 220 Is a high quality Industrial Gear Oils.
- Shell Omala S2 G oils are high quality extreme-pressure oils designed primarily for the lubrication of heavy duty industrial gears. Their high load carrying capacity and anti-friction characteristics combine to offer superior performance in gears
Performance, Features & Benefits
Long oil life – Maintenance saving
- Shell Omala S2 G oils are formulated to resist thermal and chemical breakdown throughout the maintenance interval.
- They withstand high thermal loading and resist the formation of sludge to provide extended oil life capability, even with bulk oil temperatures of up to 1000C in certain applications.
Excellent wear & corrosion protection
- Excellent load carrying capacity reduces gear tooth and bearing wear on steel components.
- Shell Omala S2 G has excellent corrosion protection, protecting steel components, even in the presence of contamination by water and solids.
Maintaining system efficiency
- Shell Omala S2 G oils have excellent water separation properties, such that excess water can be drained easily from lubrication systems to help extend the life of the gears and ensure efficient lubrication of the contact areas.
- Water can greatly accelerate surface fatigue of gears and bearings as well as promoting ferrous corrosion on internal surfaces. Water contamination should therefore be avoided or removed as quickly as possible after the occurrence.
Enclosed industrial gear systems
- Shell Omala S2 G oils are formulated using an effective sulphur-phosphorus additive system to provide an extreme pressure performance which allow trouble-free application in most enclosed industrial gearboxes using steel spur and helical gears.
Highly loaded gears
- Shell Omala S2 G oils have an effective full extreme pressure (EP) additive system allowing them to be used in highly-loaded gear systems.
- Shell Omala S2 G oils are suitable for lubrication of bearings and other components in circulating and splash-lubricated systems.
- For highly loaded worm drives, Shell Omala S4 WE, Shell Morlina S4 B and Shell Omala S1 W are recommended.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
- Shell do not recommend/support use in systems with fine filtration (<10 microns) because sustained foam control performance is not assured. Please consult your Shell Local Technical Advisor and Product Application Specialist
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.