SHELL OMALA S1 W
INDUSTRIAL GEAR OILS
PREVIOUSLY SHELL VALVATA J
Shell Omala S1 W oils are quality refined, high viscosity mineral oils compounded with a small percentage of fatty oils. They are particularly suitable for the lubrication of low speed enclosed
gears and worm drive application. They are also suitable for the lubrication of high temperature, high pressure steam cylinders.
- Shell Omala S1 W possesses low volatility and a natural resistance to the formation of gummy or carbonaceous deposits in high temperature conditions to give consistent performance
through the lubrication maintenance intervals.
- Provides a reliable oil film under low speed operation such as worm gear drives.
ENCLOSED INDUSTRIAL WORM GEAR SYSTEMS
- Shell Omala S1 W may be used to advantage in worm gears prone to suffer extensive wear and to reduce the bulk oil temperature. Typical examples are gears running at low speed under stop-start conditions.
STEAM CYLINDER LUBRICATION
- Suitable for steam cylinder applications working under high temperature and high pressure conditions.
- For highly-loaded worm drives Shell Omala S4 WE is recommended.
- For industrial enclosed spur and helical gear systems the Shell Omala ‘G’ series is recommended.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
MEETS THE SPECIFICATIONS OF:
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.