Shell Helix Diesel Ultra AB-L 5W-30
Maximise performance right up to the next oil change.
Shell Helix Diesel Ultra AB-L is the latest generation fully synthetic engine oil designed specifically to meet the needs of all Mercedes-Benz diesel engines, including those with diesel particulate filters. Approved by Mercedes-Benz for normal and extended service Europe).
Contains Shell’s ultimate active cleansing technology to continuously prevent dirt and sludge build-up, maximising engine performance right up to the next oil change.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Emission system protection
- Low SAPS formula to provide long life for diesels fitted with Diesel Particulate Filters and Three Way Catalyst systems.
Shell’s ultimate active cleansing technology
- Five times as effective at removing sludge from dirty engines than a mineral oil.
Long-term oxidation stability
- Up to 37% more protection than other fully synthetic leading brands tested.
- Exceeds fuel economy requirements for MB cars.
Specially selected synthetic base oils
- Reduces the oil volatility and therefore the oil consumption. The need for oil top-up is therefore reduced.
High shear stability
- To maintain viscosity and stay in-grade throughout the oil drain period.
Minimises vibration and engine noise
- Approved by Mercedes-Benz for engines requiring their specification MB 229.51.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- API: SM/CF ·
- ACEA: C3 ·
- MB Approval: 229.51 ·
- BMW: LL-04 ·
For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk, or the OEM Approvals website.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.