Shell Gadus S5 V142W 00
Shell Gadus S5 V142W 00 Is a transmission fluid grease. Shell Gadus S5 V142W 00 is an Advance Performance Semifluid Gear Grease. Shell Gadus S5 V142W is a synthetic, semi-fluid gear lubricant developed to meet the highest requirements of industrial gearboxes allowing long life trouble free operation.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Small industrial gear boxes can be lubricated for life with this semi-fluid grease.
- Reduced power consumption and lower bulk lubricant temperature.
- Lower start up torque compared with a conventional grease. ·
- Reduced lubricant leakage : top up usually not required. The load carrying capacity of the base oil in Shell Gadus S5 V142W is extremely good. In steel-steel scuffing tests using the IAE gear rig, under standard conditions, the load carrying capacity is some 65% higher than an equi-viscous mineral oil, without using EP additives.
Use of a proven product with excellent track records in many types of gear boxes (David Brown, SEW, Leroy-Somer, etc.) in severe service and wide range of operation conditions.
- Small industrial gear units
- Worm gears the low steel/tin-bronze frictional characteristics of Shell Gadus S5 V142W make it particularly suitable for worm gears having this combination of alloys.
- Steel/Aluminium-bronze: Shell Gadus S5 V142W is not recommended for the combination steel/aluminium- bronze, for which a grease based on a higher viscosity mineral oil is preferred
- Flushing and filling with Shell Gadus S5 V142W: is a synthetic polyglycol based lubricant and must not be mixed with mineral oils. Care should be taken when changing over from oil or conventional grease. Flushing with a thin mineral oil will ensure, as far as possible, freedom from solid contaminants and deterioration products resulting from previous use of gear oils or greases. It is important to ensure that none of the flushing oil remains in the gearbox. When refilling the gearbox with Shell Gadus S5 V142W every precaution should be taken to ensure complete cleanliness. For optimum performance from both gearbox and lubricant, only the amount recommended by the gearbox manufacturer should be used. Paints. High quality red lead or epoxy resin paints are recommended for use in contact with Shell Gadus S5 V142W, as the synthetic polyglycol component will tend to attack certain conventional paints.
- Seals. Shell Gadus S5 V142W may be used satisfactorily with all normal seal materials. Leather seals are not recommended as the natural fats tend to be removed, leaving the seals thin and brittle.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.