SHELL GADUS S2 THREAD COMPOUND
STORAGE AND THREAD COMPOUNDS FOR USE IN THE OIL INDUSTRY RECOMMENDED REPLACEMENT FOR SHELL MALLEUS GREASE STC
Shell Gadus S2 Thread Compound are storage and thread compounds, meeting the requirements of the DEA 47(E) Committee for use as ‘green’ dopes. These greases are based on highly refined mineral oils with a calcium soap thickener and suitable additives to provide excellent corrosion protection, helping to prevent galling of threads and ensure consistent make/break torques.
- Shell Gadus S2 Thread Compound contains no metals (Pb, Zn, Cu) in metallic form or other components identified by the Paris Commission (PARCOM) (e.g. PTFE, nylon or other polymers).
PROVEN PERFORMANCE IN FIELD TESTS
- Successfully applied in suitable applications.
EXCELLENT ANTI-CORROSION PERFORMANCE ALSO PROVIDED
- Shell Gadus S2 Thread Compound can be used as an effective corrosion preventive, allowing mills to only use one product and simplifying operations for production and drilling companies who do NOT have to remove protectives before applying a thread compound.
- Can be applied even at low temperatures.
EXCELLENT ANTI-GALLING PERFORMANCE
- For carbon steels and up to 13% chromium steels Shell Gadus S2 Thread Compound helps minimise damage to pipe threads from galling.
EXCELLENT WATER WASH-OUT RESISTANCE
- Maintains protection and helps prevent corrosion.
- Essential qualities for vehicles working in wet environments.
- Thread compounds for use with Rotary shouldered connectors.
- Operating temperature range –20°C to 60°C
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.