SHELL CORENA S4 R
ADVANCED SYNTHETIC ROTARY AIR COMPRESSOR OIL
PREVIOUSLY SHELL CORENA AS
Shell Corena S4 R is an advanced air compressor lubricant using unique additive technology, capable of giving outstanding performance in oil-flooded air compressors of screw or vane design. Based on specially selected PAO base fluids, Shell Corena S4 R provides long oil life and effective lubrication in severe applications.
LONG OIL LIFE–MAINTENANCE SAVING
- Shell Corena S4 R will allow for significant increases in oil drain intervals (compared to mineral compressor oil) with oil analysis, where allowed by manufacturers – up to a maximum of 12,000 hours, even when operating at a continuous maximum discharge air temperature in excess of 100°C. Depending on intake air
quality, duty cycle and ambient conditions, especially in hot and humid type climates as found in the Asian and Pacific regions, a reduced oil drain period is recommended.
- Shell Corena S4 R is formulated to reduce sludge and deposit formation from thermal degradation processes, even at very high temperatures, maintaining compressor efficiency.
- Reduced change of viscosity with change in operating temperature in comparison to conventional mineral oil-
- based products. This provides low starting viscosity together with higher viscosity at operating temperature.
OUTSTANDING RESISTANCE TO OXIDATION
- Shell Corena S4 R is designed to resist the formation of carbon
deposits and the formation of sludge in all moving parts of sliding
vane and screw compressors, helping to ensure maximum output
of the machine throughout the service interval.
OUTSTANDING WEAR PROTECTION
- Effectively protects all metal surfaces from corrosion. Protects all sensitive machinery parts (e.g. gears, screws, bearings, from wear to help prolong the service intervals).
MAINTAINING SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Resulting in a low foaming tendency and very good air release and water shedding properties. This helps to separate oil from air and water in two-stage compressor intercoolers, oil/water separators
and drier units.
- The product is easily separated from water, keeping the system in good condition even when contaminated with water.
- Shell Corena S4 R has low volatility and oil carry over to provide reduced oil top-up requirements in combination with increased air quality.
ROTARY SLIDING VANE AND SCREW AIR COMPRESSORS
Oil flooded/oil-injected single and two-stage compressors, in
particular those operating with higher output pressures of up to
25 bar and with air discharge temperatures higher than 100°C
(including intermittent operation under these conditions).
EQUIPMENT RUNNING UNDER ARDUOUS CONDITIONS
- May also be used where exceptionally high ambient temperatures
are found, when the oil temperature cannot be reduced to normal levels.
- Recommended for use in ABB turbochargers fitted to low and
medium speed diesel engines used in marine and power
COMPATIBILITY AND MISCIBILITY MISCIBILITY
- Shell Corena S4 R is fully miscible with mineral oils, although dilution with mineral lubricants will markedly reduce its performance. Care must be taken to ensure that Shell Corena S4 R is not mixed with other types of synthetic fluids.
- Shell Corena S4 R is compatible with all sealing materials
commonly used in air compressors.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- ABB for use in VTR turbochargers, with a maximum oil change interval of 5,000 hours (HZTL 90617, List 3).
- ISO 6743-3A-DAJ.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.