SHELL CORENA S3 R
PREMIUM ROTARY AIR COMPRESSOR OIL
PREVIOUSLY SHELL CORENA S
Shell Corena S3 R is a premium quality lubricant developed for the lubrication of rotary sliding vane and screw air compressors. It is based on a blend of selected solvent refined base oils and carefully chosen additives.
PERFORMANCE FEATURES LONG OIL LIFE–MAINTENANCE SAVING
- Shell Corena S3 R will allow for significant increases in oil drain intervals (compared to basic mineral compressor oil), where allowed by manufacturers – up to a maximum of 6,000 hours, even when operating at a continuous maximum discharge air temperature of up to 100°C.
- Resists formation of carbon deposits in sliding vane slots enabling them to move freely. Also resists deposit formation on rotating components of screw compressors. As a consequence high levels of compressor efficiency can be maintained for long periods in both types of compressor.
- Depending on intake air quality, duty cycle and ambient conditions, especially hot and humid type climates as found in the Asian and Pacific regions, a reduced oil drain period is recommended.
MAINTAINING SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- The careful selection of base oils and additives provides rapid air release without excessive foaming to give excellent operation even under cycling conditions.
- The product is easily separated from water, keeping the system in good condition even when contaminated with water.
- Shell Corena S3 R is formulated to reduce sludge and deposit formation from the thermal degradation processes, even at very high temperatures, maintaining compressor efficiency.
- Coupled with the oil’s long life capability is its ability to maintain internal surface cleanliness in service. This is important to maintain high levels of performance for the compressor and separator coalescer.
OUTSTANDING WEAR PROTECTION
- Effectively protects all metal surfaces from corrosion. Protects all sensitive machinery parts (e.g. gears, screws,
bearings, from wear to help prolong the service intervals).
ROTARY SLIDING VANE AIR COMPRESSORS
- Oil flooded or oil injected, single or two-stage compressors, operating at pressures of up to 10 bar and with air discharge temperatures of up to 100°C.
SCREW AIR COMPRESSORS
- Oil flooded or oil injected, single or two-stage compressors, operating at pressures of up to 20 bar and with air discharge temperatures of up to 100°C.
COMPATIBILITY AND MISCIBILITY
- Shell Corena S3 R is compatible with all sealing materials
commonly used in air compressors.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- ISO 6743-3A-DAJ.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.