SHELL CORENA S2 P
RECIPROCATING (PISTON) AIR COMPRESSOR OIL
PREVIOUSLY SHELL CORENA P
Shell Corena S2 P is a premium quality reciprocating air compressor lubricant. It is based on a blend of specially selected base oils to provide a level of performance approaching that of synthetic oils.
LONG OIL LIFE–MAINTENANCE SAVING
- Allows the service interval between valve and piston maintenance to be extended over normal service practices due to low deposits forming tendencies. Compressors can be kept in service for much longer periods, operating at a consistently high level of efficiency.
ENHANCED AIR–LINES SAFETY
- In discharge air-lines, the combination of rust particles, dispersed in carbonaceous deposits, coupled with heat from recently compressed air, can cause an exothermic reaction leading to the possibility of fires and explosion. Shell Corena S2 P helps to minimise the likelihood of this danger arising.
MAINTENANCE SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Resistant to the formation of carbon deposits and lacquer on valves and piston crowns, caused by the by-products of corrosion, such as ferric oxides and hydroxides, at high working temperatures and pressures. Such deposits can cause serious damage, lower compressor efficiency and increase maintenance costs.
- Shell Corena S2 P separates readily from water allowing excess water to be drained from the oil circulation system, thus preventing accelerated corrosion and a reduction in lubrication efficiency.
This also helps to separate oil from condensate in oil/water separators and drier units.
OUTSTANDING WEAR PROTECTION
Effectively protects all metal surfaces from corrosion. Protects all sensitive machinery parts (e.g. housings, valves, bearings, from wear to help prolong the service intervals).
RECIPROCATING AIR COMPRESSORS
Industrial reciprocating air compressors operating with air discharge temperatures of up to 220°C.
BREATHING AIR COMPRESSORS
- Shell Corena S2 P may be used in breathing air compressors,
provided subsidiary clean-up apparatus is used to ensure that
the air produced is fit for breathing.
COMPATIBILITY AND MISCIBILITY
Shell Corena S2 P is compatible with all sealing materials commonly used in air compressors.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- DIN 51506 VDL
- ISO 6743-3:2003 DAA Normal Duty
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.