Klüber Klübersynth LEG 4 75 W 90 is a fully synthetic high-performance gear oil with excellent low-temperature characteristics
– Excellent low-temperature characteristics due to the very low pour point (≤-60 °C)
– Maximum protection against scuffing: API GL-5
– Excellent wear protection for gear teeth and rolling bearings
– Good shear stability for reliable lubricant film formation
– High micropitting resistance
– Excellent ageing and oxidation stability enabling long oil change intervals
– Wide service temperature range due to good viscosity-temperature behaviour
– Good anti-foaming characteristics
– Complements Klübersynth GE 4 75 W 90 especially for the low-temperature range
Klübersynth LEG 4 75 W 90 is a fully synthetic highperformance gear oil based on polyalphaolefin (PAO). It was developed for application in rail vehicle gearboxes operating under high loads – especially at low temperatures. Klübersynth LEG 4 75 W 90 offers a very high scuffing load capacity of API GL-5 and can therefore be used in gearboxes requiring API GL-4 or API GL-5. The excellent wear protection of both gears and rolling bearings ensures a long service life of the lubricated components, leading to lower maintenance costs. The oil’s high micropitting resistance of GFT ≥ 10 according to FVA 54/7 offers sufficient protection to gears that are subject to high loads and would normally be susceptible to this type of damage. Because of the new base oil technology used, Klübersynth LEG
4 75 W 90 offers excellent low-temperature characteristics. This becomes evident by a much less pronounced increase in viscosity when the product is cooled down than with conventional synthetic gear oils. This enables trains to be set in motion smoothly even at very low temperature. The product’s low foaming tendency and anti-corrosive properties enable problem-free gear operation. The good shear stability of Klübersynth LEG 4 75 W 90 effectively prevents a decrease of the lubricant film thickness even during long-term operation at high loads. The excellent ageing and oxidation stability facilitates considerably longer oil change intervals compared to mineral oils or other synthetic oils, contributing to reduced maintenance costs.
Klübersynth LEG 4 75 W 90 was especially developed for the lubrication of spur, bevel and hypoid gears with maximum antiwear and lifetime requirements even under shock loads. It may be used in drive units for rail vehicles, especially at low ambient temperatures.
The oil can be applied by means of immersion, immersion circulation or injection lubrication. Drip-feed lubrication as well
as application by brush, oil can or automatic lubricating systems are also possible.
© 2020 ILS Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.