Klüber Klübersynth EG 4-680
Klüber Klübersynth EG 4-680 is a fully synthetic high-performance gear oil
Your benefits at a glance
– High scuffing protection
– Good wear protection
– Excellent ageing and oxidation resistance
– Wide service temperature range due to good viscosity-temperature behaviour
– Low foaming tendency
– Energy savings due to optimised friction behaviour
– Very good corrosion protection
Your requirements – our solution
- Klübersynth EG 4 is a fully synthetic high-performance gear oil based on polyalphaolefin satisfying the requirements of many gears.
- Klübersynth EG 4 offers a high scuffing strength of API GL-4. Gears are sufficiently protected against scuffing even at extremely high peak loads, vibrations or oscillations. The good wear protection of the gear components ensures that their calculated service life is achieved, leading to lower maintenance and repair costs.
- Klübersynth EG 4 offers a much longer service life than mineral oils due to the excellent ageing and oxidation resistance of the selected raw materials; thus service intervals can be extended and maintenance costs reduced. The product’s low foaming tendency and anti-corrosive properties enable problem-free gear operation. Klübersynth EG 4 is neutral towards most sealing materials such as NBR or FKM. Oil leakage leading to contamination is prevented. It also shows good demulsifying behaviour.
- The good viscosity-temperature behaviour supports the formation of a sufficient lubricant film across a wide service temperature range. Therefore, a single viscosity grade can cover both low and high temperatures in many applications. The optimised friction behaviour enabled by the carefully selected base oils reduces power loss and improves gear efficiency.
- By using Klübersynth EG 4 you can benefit from a number of advantages that will help you save costs easily and efficiently. We look forward to hearing from you.
Klübersynth EG 4 was especially developed for the lubrication of heavily loaded spur, bevel and planetary gears. It can also be used for the lubrication of worm gears. Klüberoil EG 4 can also be selected for the lubrication of plain and rolling bearings, all kinds of toothed couplings, chains, guideways, joints, spindles and pumps.
- Klübersynth EG 4 can be used for immersion, immersion circulation and injection lubrication. The use of drip-feed oilers, brushes, oil cans or suitable automatic lubricating systems is also possible. When using automatic lubricating systems, please note the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the maximum permissible viscosity. The low-viscosity varieties are also used for oil mist lubrication.
- Klübersynth EG 4 is miscible with mineral oils. However, for the Klübersynth EG 4 oil to deliver its full performance, any residues of a previously used mineral oil should not exceed 5 % in quantity.
- For use at permanent temperatures of 80 °C max., seals made of NBR may be used. For higher temperatures, seals made of FKM should be chosen. It should be noted that elastomers from one or several manufacturers can behave differently; therefore tests should be performed. For checking the contact pattern during running-in, the inspection paint Klübertop P 39-362 Spray (Art. No. 081295) can be used.
Looking for any other product in Kluber Lubrication or in other Lubricant? Just give us a call.