Klüber Klüberplus S 08-107 is a high temperature resistant special bonded coating for hot forming of aluminium alloys
– Klüberplus S 08-107 is a unique future-oriented product concept, for which a patent has been filed. Due to its high load-carrying capacity and systematic (transfer) lubrication it provides improved process stability, thus ensuring lower reject rates and reducing expensive reworking.
– By applying the lubricant during a non-productive period of the press cycle, overall cycle times are reduced leading to an increase in the production capacity of the press. To ensure a smooth start-up process, the forging die can be manually sprayed to provide additional lubrication prior to machine start-up.
– Compared with conventional liquid metal forming lubricants, the excellent sliding properties of this bonded coating permit better form filling, which, in turn, leads to reduced material costs and reject rates.
– The components can be cleaned using conventional cleaning processes, so there is no requirement for investment in new equipment or modification of existing downstream processes.
– As compared to conventional liquid metal forming lubricants, this dry lubricant concept permits application of much lower quantities. This leads to a considerable reduction of fire hazards, far less contamination of the presses and significantly lower pollution of the outlet air purification systems and the waste water. Thus disposal costs can also be reduced.
Klüberplus S 08-107 is a high-temperature bonded coating with excellent lubricating and separating properties for applications which would benefit from its high susceptibility to abrasion and resulting sliding properties together with its outstanding adhesion.
Klüberplus S 08-107 is a water-based coating with an inorganic binder, which requires drying and burning in immediately after its application and prior to the forming process. Hence it offers completely dry lubrication for the hot forming of billets, rods etc. Normally, no residues build up on the forging die, as the bonded coating is removed with the formed component.
For the forming of extremely complex components, an additional – preferably dry – lubricant can be applied to the forging die (sandwich lubrication). As a bonded coating,
Klüberplus S 08-107 can be applied sparingly and the formed components can subsequently be cleaned using conventional cleaning processes, such as acid cleaning or sand blasting.
Klüberplus S 08-107 is intended for use in hot forming processes with minor surface increase. Hot forming processes involving long sliding distances are improved considerably through the use of Klüberplus S 08-107.
– upsetting and
– hot forging of aluminium and aluminium alloys.
The surfaces to be coated need to be free from oil, grease, water (including hand perspiration), wax, other lubricant residues etc. If necessary, the surfaces should be cleaned in an ultrasound bath at a minimum temperature of 65 °C for at least 15 seconds or using aqueous cleaners, such as SurTec 472 and SurTec 089
A thin layer of Klüberplus S 08-107 is applied after the surfaces have been dried, for example using “air knives” or infrared radiation.
Klüberplus S 08-107 should be homogenised prior to application, for example by stirring. The product then has to be filtered, e.g. using a nylon filter with a mesh size of 250 µm. The bonded coating should be applied in a suitable enclosure to protect the surfaces from dust.
It is advisable to apply Klüberplus S 08-107 onto hot surfaces (40 – 60 °C), for example after drying in infrared heaters.
The product can be applied using conventional coating processes, such as spin coating or spraying.
Klüberplus S 08-107 should be applied undiluted to achieve optimum performance.
Klüberplus S 08-107 can be sprayed onto the surfaces in a paint booth with a spray gun (nozzle diameter 0.8 mm, air pressure approx. 2 bar, distance approx. 10 – 20 cm.) The compressed air in the spray unit should be free from oil and water.
© 2021 ILS Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.