– Reliable operation of installations and components using gaseous oxygen due to
– high oxygen pressure surge resistance (see product data)
– good compatibility with most materials used in this branch of industry
– wide service temperature range
– Versatile sliding agent
– for the industrial handling of oxygen, air, carbon dioxide, inert and other gases as well as their condensation products
– NSF H1-registered for use in the food and beverage industries
– Also suitable for installations and components carrying liquid oxygen
– Each production batch checked for reactivity with oxygen
Klüberalfa YV 93-302 is a white high-pressure sliding agent based on perfluorinated polyether with solid lubricants having good wetting ability.
It offers good oxygen pressure surge resistance and good resistance to a very wide range of chemicals. To ensure continuous adherence to this high quality standard, Klüberalfa YV 93-302 is manufactured in small batches subject to strict hygiene requirements. Each batch is tested based on M 034-1 List of nonmetallic materials (213-075).
Klüberalfa YV 93-302 is registered as NSF H1 and complies with FDA 21 CFR § 178.3570 for uses in the food-processing industry.
Klüberalfa YV 93-302 is used as a lubricant for valves, fittings and installations carrying gaseous and/or liquid oxygen or in chemical installations and equipment requiring high resistance to various gases. (Conclusion by analogy based on chemical composition. We recommend users conduct their own component tests under conditions as occur in practice). The product’s high pressure-absorption capacity and consistent friction values over a wide temperature range ensure constant actuation forces. Test results show the product’s usability for an O2 content > 21 % by vol. under operating conditions specified in the product data section of this product information leaflet.
– Oxygen valves
– Peripheral aggregates of chemical installations
– Hose couplings, e.g. oxygen pipe connections, sliding and plain bearings, bolts, slideways, etc.
– Steel and heavy industry
– Assembly aid for most rubber-elastic materials and plastics
– For industrial handling, maintenance and care of oxygen components
Behaviour towards metal, elastomers and plastics Klüberalfa YV 93-302 is normally neutral towards metallic materials, plastics and elastomers within the given temperature range. Nevertheless, we recommend checking the compatibility of the lubricant with the materials in contact prior to its introduction.
All surfaces to be wetted must be thoroughly cleaned prior to product application.
The application point must be clean and bright (i.e., free from oil, grease, dirt particles or perspiration). For optimum lubrication effect, we recommend cleaning the surfaces with white spirit and then Klüberalfa XZ 3-1, ensuring residue-free surfaces when dried. For installations carrying oxygen, the application procedure must also be “oxygen clean” in order to attain a “ready for oxygen service” condition.
For use at low temperatures, e.g. where components are in direct contact with liquid oxygen, experimental testing and approval by the component manufacturer is required since the design and power ratings, for example in actuator gears, may play a decisive role in this context. For optimised service life, please contact our service engineers.
© 2019 ILS Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.