Klüber Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is a premium sliding agent for valves, fittings and installations carrying oxygen under very high partial pressure
– High operational safety for installations and components carrying gaseous oxygen
– due to high oxygen pressure resistance (see product data)
– due to good compatibility with most materials used in this branch of industry
– due to a wide service temperature range
– Multiple uses as sliding agent
– for industrial processes involving oxygen, air, carbon dioxide, inert and other gases as well as their condensates
– for maintenance and care of e.g. breathing apparatus
– Also suitable for installations and components carrying liquid oxygen
– Each product batch is checked for its reactivity to oxygen
Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is a white sliding agent with a good wetting capacity on the basis of perfluorinated polyether oils and solid lubricants.
Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 provides an exceptionally high stability to oxygen surges and very good resistance to various chemicals.
To ensure continuous adherence to this high quality standard, Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is manufactured in small series subject to strict hygiene requirements and each batch is inspected based on M 034-1 list of nonmetallic materials (213-075).
Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is registered according to NSF H1, complies with FDA 21 CFR § 178.3570 and can be used in the food-processing industry.
Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is used as a sliding agent for the lubrication of valves, fittings and installations carrying gaseous and/or liquid oxygen, in individual cases subject to gas pressures considerably above 300 bar, or in chemical installations and equipment requiring high resistance to various gases. (Conclusion by analogy based on chemical composition. We recommend users conduct their own component tests using the complete component under conditions similar to series application).
The product’s high pressure-absorption capacity and consistent friction values over a wide temperature range ensure constant actuation forces. Test results show the product’s usability for an O2 content > 21 % by vol. under operating conditions specified in the product data section of this product information leaflet.
– Oxygen valves
– Peripheral aggregates of chemical installatons
– Hose couplings, e.g. oxygen pipe connections, sliding and plain bearings, bolts, slideways, etc.
– Steel and heavy industry
– Assembly aid for most rubber-elastic materials and plastics
– For industrial handling, maintenance and care of oxygen components
Behaviour towards metal, elastomers and plastics Klüberalfa YV 93-1202 is normally neutral towards metallic materials, plastics and elastomers within the envisaged temperature range. Nevertheless, we recommend checking the compatibility of the sliding agent with materials prior to the introduction of this product.
All surfaces to be wetted must be thoroughly cleaned prior to product application. The friction and lubrication points of these surfaces/components must be clean and bright (i.e. free from oil, grease, dirt particles or perspiration, etc.). For optimum lubrication results, we recommend cleaning the friction points with clean white spirit and then Klüberalfa XZ 3-1, ensuring residue-free surfaces when dried. Application to equipment, valves and fittings carrying oxygen must also be “oxygen clean” to attain a “ready for oxygen service” condition.
For use at low temperatures, e.g. where components are in direct contact with liquid oxygen, experimental testing and approval by the component manufacturer is required since the design and power ratings, for example in actuator gears, may play a decisive role in this context.
© 2018 ILS Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.