Castrol Techniclean MTC 43
Machine tool and system cleaner
Castrol Techniclean™ MTC 43 is a liquid, mildly alkaline, medium to heavy duty machine tool and system cleaner,
based upon powerful low foaming surfactants, emulsifiers and anti-microbiological agents.
Techniclean MTC 43 has been specifically formulated to deal with a wide variety of machine tool and system
contaminants including fatty build-up in pipelines and floor ducts. Techniclean MTC 43 is easy to use with minimum disruption to production, being added directly to the coolant system whilst still in operation. Floating tramp oil is emulsified.
Conditions of Use
- An addition of 1 – 3% of Techniclean MTC 43 is recommended. The amount added depends on the general
condition of the coolant system (1% is usually adequate)
- Introduce Techniclean MTC 43 where there is a good coolant movement, e.g. immediately beyond the pump
outflow back to the main settling tank, or direct into a velocity trench or floor return channel. This ensures
complete mixing with the coolant.
- Add Techniclean MTC 43 8 – 24 hours before the coolant is scheduled to be discarded. The machine tools
should then be operated normally for a minimum of eight hours.
- Machine tools, which are not wetted by the emulsion, could be cleaned manually by using a 2 – 3% dilution of
Techniclean MTC 43.
- Following this period of circulation (max 24 hours), empty the entire coolant system and machines and dispose of the coolant in accordance with normal work procedures.
- Rinsing with a fresh coolant (about 1%) is recommended.
- Low foam and compatible with common soluble coolants and metal substrates – can be used whilst machinesare operating normally which reduces maintenance and disposal costs
- Keeps machine tool systems in a clean and efficient condition – minimises downtime and so improves
- Highly effective against bacteria and fungi contaminations – improves environment for workforce