The Castrol Alpha SP 100 gear oil range of high quality lubricants are based upon highly refined mineral oil, enhanced with sulphur/phosphorus extreme pressure additive technology providing outstanding thermal stability and high load carrying capacity.
The Castrol Alpha SP 100 is recommended for the lubrication of industrial gear boxes using forced circulation or splash and oil bath lubrication. They may be used for the lubrication of spur and helical gears and in some lightly loaded worm type gear applications.
They have very good viscosity characteristics to ensure that starting torques are not excessively high in cold operating conditions. The additives are compatible with the ferrous and non-ferrous metals used in industrial gear units.
The Castrol Alpha SP 100 is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluropolymer seal materials.
Alpha SP is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CLP
The Alpha SP range meets the requirements of:
• DIN 51517 Part 3
• AGMA 9005 – D94
• US Steel 224
• David Brown Type E
• Hansen Transmissions
• Suitable for Müller Weingarten equipment
• ‘Clean gear’ additive technology ensures low deposit formation and enhanced filter life.
• Full Extreme Pressure (EP) performance* gives maximum protection of gears against wear and shock-loading.
• Good water separation and demulsification characteristics means reduced down time through prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
• High protection against corrosion and wear resulting in less maintenance.
© 2018 ILS Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.